The conference venue is the Wairakei Resort Taupo, located at State Highway 1 in Taupo. It is the largest international 4-star Resort in the North Island, sitting on 169 acres and the resort still enjoys a wonderful historic & relaxing atmosphere. An easy and scenic 3.5 hour drive from Auckland or 4.5 hour drive from Wellington, the resort is easily accessed in the middle of the North Island.
With 187 rooms varying in size and capacity, you are sure to find some accommodation to suit your needs. ACENZ has secured a discounted rate for conference attendees, at $149 per room per night, which you can book directly using this link. You will need to enter a variation of the conference dates, August 10-12, 2017 for room options to display. If you are having trouble booking your accommodation, please contact the Wairakei Resort directly at NZ Free Phone Freephone: 0800 RESORT (737 678) or (07) 374 9004. You may also email the resort directly using this web form. Make sure the Group Code is "ACENZ2017" to receive the discounted rate.
The Wairakei Resort boasts some stellar on-site amenities for guests to use during their down time, including:
- Two outdoor geothermal heated swimming pools
- Six relaxing spa pools
- a fully equipped fitness centre
- squash court (borrow racquets at reception)
- two outdoor tennis courts (borrow racquets at reception)
- Petanque sets
- Body Firm Day Spa (see spa menu here)
- Nine hole golf course (across State Highway 1 from Wairakei Resort)
- Internet kiosk
- and an array of on-site restaurants and bars to choose from