The Partner's Programme is always an eagerly anticipated part of our Annual Conference. Usually, it is attended by the wives or partners of our regular conference delegates and involves a mix of cultural, artisan, light activity, and of course food and beverage focused activity.
For Taupo, with so many splendid things to see and do, we have lined up the following programme for Friday, 11th August.
- 11:00am - Depart Wairakei Resort
- 11:30am - Jet Boat experience to the scenic Huka Falls
- 12:15pm - Glassblowing studio tour and demonstration at Lava Glass, followed by a leisurely walk around their sculpture garden
- 12:45pm - Lunch (includes Main, selection of slices, wine/or tea or coffee) at the Lava Glass Cafe
- 2:15pm - Depart on Chris Jolly scenic cruise to view the famous Mine Bay Maori rock carvings (time permitting there will be the opportunity for Trout fishing or clay shooting)
- 5:15pm - Depart for Wairakei Resort
Before departing Wairakei in the morning, partners are welcome to sit in on the morning programme to include a keynote presentation by Daniel Batten and our first Ministerial address. Participants will be collected during morning tea, to depart the grounds no later than 11:00am. Transportation is included in the Partner's Programme ticket, and participants will be returned to the Wairakei Resort no later than 5:30pm.
Tickets for the Partner's Programme are included in the Full Delegate + Partner registration, or an add-on ticket for the Partners Programme can be purchased ($600 + GST) to supplement other types of conference packages.